COMPLETE A BRIEF SURVEY
Are you looking for a group of like-minded assistants where you:
- Feel comfortable sharing best practices
- Engage in discussions about critical topics that relate to your role
- Learn from guest speakers who share relevant topics
- Participate in roundtable conversations that will expand your point of view
- Develop skills for better communication skills
- Think and act in different ways to maneuver difficult conversations or situations
- Examine techniques to help develop leadership skills
Purpose and vision
The purpose and vision of these forums is to bring together like-minded assistants in an atmosphere of learning, sharing knowledge, elevating and managing their careers. These sessions will be facilitated by Linda McFarland. Groups will consist of 8-14 Admins. These forums will help assistants become better equipped to face challenges and the ever-changing role of an assistant.
In advance of each forum session, a questionnaire will be sent to each participant to communicate the agenda and content or program details. This pre-session questionnaire will assist in meeting the specific needs of each participant and help measure what has been learned and how information is being used in their role. It will also help the facilitator in preparing future sessions. Check out the 4-1-1 section for more details.
What you can expect:
- Assistants at various levels.
- C-Level Assistants
- Executive Assistants
- Administrative Assistants
- Office Assistants and Office Managers
- Other Support Professionals
- Groups sizes of 8-14 participants
- Meetings held quarterly. Meeting dates and times will be determined by the availability of the group members. For example, the current forums meet on a Thursday from 5:30-8:30pm at a venue that works best for the forum members.
- Mornings: 8:30-11:30 am
- Afternoons: 1:00-4:00 pm
- Evenings: 6:00-9:00 pm
- Saturdays: 8:30-11:30 am
- Length of meetings will be 3-hours and will include a variety of the format below:
- Roundtable discussions
- Discussion topics
- Guest speakers
- Best practices and productivity techniques
- So much more
All participants will receive a free copy of Linda’s newest book, The Wizard Behind the CEO.
Format for in-person and virtual forums
- Group of assistants from 8-14 participants
- Participants will have similar roles to ensure learning is at their specific level
- Prior to each session, participants will complete a questionnaire to ensure needs will be met during each session — Sample Questionnaire
- Specific topics will be identified for each session — Sample Topics
- Case studies and real-life examples will be used to perfect knowledge and understanding of information presented
Agendas will include a similar format to below:
- 15-30 minutes of program overview, upcoming sessions announcements, participant “getting to know you” icebreakers, and other interactive exercises.
- 1-hour to 1-1/2 hour of interactive presentation with guest speaker and/or facilitator along with Q&A
- ~1-hour for discussion and review of case studies to apply understanding of information learned with interactive roundtable discussions
COMPLETE A BRIEF SURVEY